This is one of my most used Elementor functions that I use so often!
Popups can be triggered manually. Who knew? I DID!
I’m not a fan of adding a bunch of rando plugins without taking a deep dive and making sure Elementor Pro can’t do it alone. I find MOST of the time it can and that helps your site’s load speed which in turn helps your SEO.
How to create a POPUP using ELEMENTOR PRO and NO extra plugins!
- Go to Dashboard > Templates > Popups > Add New
- Name your template and click ‘Create Template’
- Choose a template from the Library or create your own design
- Click ‘Publish’, then ‘Save and Close’
- Open a new page in Elementor (CTRL / CMD + E, new page)
- Drag in a button widget
- Under Layout, choose Link > Dynamic > Actions > Popup
- Click Popup > Open Popup > Select the popup you created
- Go to the live page, click on the button and see the popup appear
Here’s How to Add your new Popup to Any link!
- Create your Popup in the Elementor builder (see above).
- Navigate to the Popup Settings by clicking the gear icon in the lower corner
- In the Advanced Tab > Open By Selector create an anchor trigger link shortcode (example:
- Set the Display Conditions to Include > Entire Site
- Apply this link anywhere on your website by linking to the anchor trigger link (example: #link-popup)
I’ve adapted from the official Elementor post found here: https://elementor.com/help/how-to-trigger-a-popup-on-a-link-click/